I was lucky to be nominated by TheMindfulModus (who you can find here).
Princess has a beautiful blog about self-care and anxiety awareness, from perfumes to poetry and self-growth. Her blog is honestly a joy to peruse. Honest, curious and bright, you will leave feeling invigorated. All of my senses are involved, and I especially loved her post about spending the summer in solitude. Hope you check it out!
Here’s a few questions Princess had for me:
1. Which of your blog posts is your favorite?
This was really hard as all my posts help me learn, process and share knowledge. I’ve settled on this one: Overcoming loneliness and strengthening relationships. Loneliness is the OG pandemic, and I would love to help people feel more connected.
2. Do you have a favorite skincare product? What is it?
Unfortunately I forget to regularly use my products, but I swear by vitamin C for my face. Apart from that I use cocoa butter every day and whatever cleanser has the nicest packaging.
3. Do you have a favorite fragrance? What is it?
My favourite is definitely Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I got it first when I was a teen, and loved the mysterious unique orchid smell. Usually I use Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden however as it’s refreshing and neutral.
4. Are you an early-bird type of person, a night-owl, or somewhere in between?
Naturally, I’m a night-owl. Once I got into the routine of waking up early, my body will just wake me up at that time going forwards! I have gotten more into the habit of staying up til 2am again though so I guess my true nature is shining out!
5. Do you have a favorite movie character? Who is it and from what movie?
I LOVE movies, and my favourite is an oldie but a goodie: Amelie! This french movie has been with me since I was younger, and I love how quirky, curious and unique the character is. We should all be as indulging, adventurous and daring as she is I believe!
6. Do you splurge? What items do you splurge on?
I try not to, but my taurus genes are hard to contain! Books are my go-to, otherwise I love investing in journalling pens, treats for my pets (3 rats and a hedgehog) and occasionally getting my nails done!
7. What is your favorite self-care activity?
Definitely journalling and meditation. There’s nothing more therapeutic than when I take the time to check in, practice my affirmations and praise myself. We gain so much by being in the present moment and appreciate what we have. Journalling helps me remember who I am, while meditating helps me to forget myself!
I have a firm personal rule to not tag more people in chain-like actions, so instead I will just link to some more blogs I appreciate. If anyone would like to be nominated and do the Q&A (which has been fun!), please go for it!
Some amazing blogs to check out:
Lluis Busse ( monochromatic photography and poetry to take your breath away)
The Lefthanded Project (poetry, film and fiction; great for new recommendations)
Explosions in the Mind (deeply personal stories about self-growth)
LifesFineWhine (all-round fun blog about travel, blogging and life)
JasmineFlavouredJazz (moving essays and everyday philosophies)
My questions for my followers:
- When did you last cry? Do you feel comfortable sharing why?
- What’s your favourite smell?
- What’s your most distinct childhood memory?
- What book has moved you the most?
- Which 3 foods would you happily survive on for the rest of your life?
- What’s a petty but hard no in a romantic relationship for you?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs; and asking them seven questions.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)